Monday, September 10, 2012

Addicted to Pinterest!

Like so many of you, I am hopelessly addicted to Pinterest! I have been whipping up projects left and right - mostly cooking. I thought I would share my lighter twist on a yummy pinterest recipe I recently tried... It was based on the recipe I saw here



Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole - the lighter and smaller version

Serves 4
Time: 45 Minutes

 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup plain greek yogurt, fat free **
1 Cup whole wheat Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
1/4 Cup unsalted butter

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil Chicken in water with a little salt and pepper just until cooked. Allow chicken to cool while mixing other ingredients.

In a medium bowl, mix cream of chicken and yogurt. Cut up chicken and layer in the bottom of lightly greased 8x8 baking dish. Top chicken with soup/yogurt mix.

In a small bowl, combine crushed crackers, poppy seeds and butter. Spread over casserole. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes.

I didn't make rice to go with this, but I think rice would be a good addition.

According to www.myfitnesspal.com 's recipe builder, here is the nutritional break down:
Calories: 310 Carbs: 16g Fat:18g Protein: 24g Cholesterol:90mg Sodium: 390mg Sugars: 6g Fiber: 1g

 I said it was lighter, not perfect, right? But it sure was yummy.

 **If you have never tried plain greek yogurt, you should. I think it tastes a lot like sour cream, which is what I substituted it for here. :)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment