Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baking, Baking

Over the weekend we had a house full of family.  My mother in law, sister in law, brother in law and niece were all here Saturday and Sunday.  We had a fabulous time together and of course enjoyed some great food.

Kyle made some great spaghetti and meatballs.  I mean, truly awesome stuff, using my Great Aunt Mary's recipe... mmmm, mmmm! And I made this cake:


I forgot to take a picture before I cut it, but yum, yum.  This is a chocolate pecan praline cake.  It is a very light chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache between layers and all over with a so-sweet pecan praline topping. As a side note, I learned the hard way when it says to line the pan with wax paper, you better do it! :)

And tonight, I will be whipping up some yummy vanilla cupcakes for a dear friend and at work who has a birthday coming up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment